The cost of buying snacks on an airplane or even in an airport is too high. I make sure to pack an arsenal of goodies in my personal item, especially for long-haul flights. As long as you don’t bring liquids through TSA you can bring any snacks you want! Here are my favorites!
Rylan.co is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This enables us to provide you with great content and earn a small commission at no additional cost to you!
- An apple
- Justin’s almond butter packets, peanut for Presley
- A Ziploc of carrots
- Pretzel crisps – garlic parmesan is my favorite
- Honey cashews and pecans in a ziploc
- Krave Beef jerky
- Salami and cheese, once an Italian always an Italian
- I bring these fig bars, I always bring a couple because I like to eat them for breakfast when I wake up on the plane. They fill me up more than snack-y food and make me less shaky. Then I have some extras any other time I need a quick snack
- Ziploc of grapes
- Annie’s fruit snacks
- Turkey and cheese Hawaiian roll sandwiches, mini size are perfect! I grab some of the little mustard and mayo packets in the airport so they don’t get soggy.
- Cuties or oranges, I peel them the night before my flight
- A few tea bags
- A single serving oatmeal, I just ask for hot water on the flight
- Dried mangoes
- A reusable water bottle
- Granola bars, these are my favorite and they’re gluten free too!
- Boom Chicka Pop popcorn
- Brownie Brittle or a favorite candy bar for cravings
I use different size Ziplocs for each item that needs a bag and then I throw them all in a gallon Ziploc into my backpack.
Check out our Irish packing list post to see what we bring for our trips to the Emerald Isle!